How Cal-Wood Made a Difference in 2015:
- We served more students than ever before through our Environmental Education program. In total, 3,775 students — including 1,327 low-income students.
- During the summer, 351 summer campers ages 8 to 18 enjoyed a week in the outdoors at Cal-Wood. This included 100 low-income youth.
- We provided family camping experiences to 58 inner-city Latino families (268 people total) who wouldn’t have otherwise had a chance to visit the Colorado Mountains.
- We provided over $76,543 in financial support to roughly 1,700 low-income youth and their families.
- Our staff grew, and we added 2 completely new positions that focus on customizing curriculum and improving school and camp programs.
- We continued with our expansion project: We are preparing to build an additional cabin in the next 10 months so that we can meet increases in demand for our programs.
…As you can see, Cal-Wood is growing!!
We look forward to serving the Front Range community for years to come.