Rates & Dates
The Summer of Edventure 2018!
This summer we are focused on what Cal-Wood does best – that magical combination of original experiential education and true, authentic, Colorado adventure. Add wholesome, traditional camp fun, an amazing staff and modern youth development principals and we promise this summer will offer something very special that you and child will cherish for a long long time.
Looking for details: Download the 2018 Info Flyer
Registration is now open!
Lock-in your child’s Cal-Wood experience and take advantage of our 10% off early bird discount.
- If you are a returning Cal-Wood family, click here to register now! You will use the same email from last summer to access your CampMinder account.
- If you are new to Cal-Wood Camps, click here to setup your account and begin registration.
- Registration is now open for those willing to pay by check. Credit and debit card payment will be open 1/28/18.
Stay Connected: Be sure to follow us on Facebook to get the most up to date information on registration and discounts!
Cal-Wood has Financial Aid opportunities- check it out!
What’s new in 2018!
Expanded Age Ranges. We are proud to provide age-appropriate camp experiences to campers K-12. Campers will be split into co-educational “trail groups” where the activities and lessons are aimed at specific age and developmental stages.
NEW Introduction Programs. Look for the Intro to Cal-Wood Base Camp Program and the Intro to Tent Camp Program. These have been requested for years and they are finally here. Now children apprehensive about a longer stay or new to sleepaway camp have exciting 2-night options designed to build confidence and self-esteem.
Adventure Day! Both Tent and Base Camp program will now feature an exclusive Adventure Day program. High Ropes Courses, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, mountain biking. Stay tuned. More details to come on these new additions to the Cal-Wood Camp experience.
New Feel! Cal-Wood utilizes the P.R.E.S.S. model:
- PURPOSE: Everything at Cal-Wood is intentional. Campers will learn about themselves, each other and the natural world around them. Our goal is to build confidence, independence, resiliency, expand social skills and celebrate our authentic selves – all while having an absolute blast in the mountains!
- REALationships: Our staff are incredible. Most of them work at Cal-Wood year round. They are wise, focused, creative, fun and above all else – safe. The relationships campers build with adults and fellow campers is a strong bond they will carry for a long time.
- EPIC: We happily strive to takes things up a notch, to provide experiences you cannot find anywhere else. These moments are unforgettable and feel like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live life to its fullest.
- Self Esteem & Self Advocacy: We want our staff and campers to feel good about themselves and their accomplishments. We check in on these feelings daily, providing opportunities for positive recognition, celebration and genuine, real connections. It’s important that our campers are making constant choices while at camp. Choosing what is challenging for them, what they want to learn and how they want to play is critical to their success at camp.
- Skill Development: Our many activities are not meant to be theme park attractions that they experience and move on. They are seeds to shape the skills campers want to master. Be it archery, fishing, climbing, mountaineering or creative arts – every camper can leave Cal-Wood with a new or renewed interest in developing soft and hard skills. We recommend attending multiple sessions so that campers can continue to dive deeper into the activities they are passionate about.