2013 Butterfly Count
You are invited to join us for some outdoor fun and to help with a national survey this summer.
2013 BUTTERFLY COUNT
- July 3 and July 4, 2013
- at Cal-Wood Education Center, Jamestown, CO.
This is the 30th Annual North American Butterfly Count to be held at Cal-Wood. This year’s celebration is special. We will be in the Lodge for evening programs and in the log cabins for overnight.
Flutterbye Guests will be served a delicious dinner on July 3, and a tasty breakfast on July 4. Bring your own lunch July 3 for noon and goodies for noonish July 4, because we’ll be ‘in the field’ searching for these colorful creatures.
- Cost will be $70.00 per person for the use of the facilities for 2 days.
- $10.00 pre-registration per person will save you a spot. Refundable before June 3.
- By June 3 the balance of the cost $60.00 per person must be paid.
- Children are welcome when accompanied by adults.
Schedule of Events:
Wednesday July 3rd – 9:30 am – Meet in Cal-Wood parking lot
- Full day of activities, dinner, then stay over night in cabins (Space is limited and must be reserved in advance)
- Special Powerpoint Show (Evening Program) – Steve Jones, Cathy Cook, Larry Crowley
- Individual Photograph Display – Invited Entries
- Door Prizes
- Owl Search – Night Walk – Pam Piombino
- OR you come for just the 4th of July Count
Thursday July 4th –
7:45 am Carpool for people just coming up for the day -Meet in Boulder at North Boulder Safeway parking lot (WEST OF 28TH ST, SOUTH OF IRIS) $3.00 for NABA on July 4
Early Morning (for overnight guests) – Bird Walk – Lonny Frye
- All-day butterfly count
REGISTRATION (print and send via mail – or email the following information to Janet Chu)
________________________Name or names of attendees (carefully printed please)
________________________E-mail Address ___________________Phone #
Registration $10 per person: Make the check to Jan Chu. Mail to Jan Chu 964 Ravenwood Road, Boulder CO 80303