As Soon as Possible
- Sign and return a copy of your Cal-Wood Contract.
- Pay deposit.
- Arrange transportation (Wed departure no later then 1pm, Wed arrival no earlier then 10am) (Please confirm your busses are Mountain Equipped, i.e. chains)
- Consider a visit to Cal-Wood if you have not been here before.
- Schedule a personal meeting with the School Program Coordinator
- Consider a parent orientation meeting at your school (request a Cal-Wood representative if you would like one) and/or send Letter to Parents (page 13) with necessary information filled in (this form can be emailed as a document for you to revise.)
Six Weeks Prior to Trip
- Distribute Medical Form (page 15), Personal Equipment List (page 14) to all students.
- Select supervising adults (a minimum of one and maximum of two adults per Learning Group).
- Distribute Adult Supervisor Information (page 17) and Adult Registration/Medical Form (page 19) to all participating adults, consider an adult supervisor orientation.
Four Weeks Prior to Trip
- Collect all Medical Forms from students and adults. Check forms for signatures.
- Complete the following forms:
- Learning Group Assignments (page 21)
- Sort Medical forms by learning group.
- Cabin Assignments (page 22)
- Complete and mail or fax to Cal-Wood the Medical/Dietary Alerts form (page 20).
- Prepare any special arrangements for students/adults with specific medical/dietary needs.
Two Weeks Prior to Trip
- Confirm your final number of students and adults with Cal-Wood.
- Copy and assemble the Cal-Wood Journal.
- Tell students their Cabin/Learning Group assignments.
- Prepare the class for the experience; review Cal-Wood policies, review equipment list, conduct a pre-trip activity, build the excitement!
- Meet Cal-Wood staff in main parking area to unload gear and walk (with gear) to Lodge.
- Drive one car to Lodge to serve as emergency vehicle.
- Provide School Program Coordinator with completed medical forms.
- Congratulate yourself on preparations well done.